TEL AVIV – Iran has instructed the Al Quds unit of the Revolutionary Guard to prepare a response to Israel’s reported airstrikes Sunday and Friday against Syrian targets, according to informed Middle Eastern security officials.
The officials, speaking to WND, said Syria and Iran are determined to respond to the Israeli strikes. The officials said the retaliation may not be launched from Syrian territory but instead could come in the form of a terrorist attack against Israelis in Africa or South America.
Large explosions rocked Damascus early Sunday with Syria blaming Israel for the strikes, which reportedly targeted a military research center in Jamraya near Damascus.
The reports followed confirmations Saturday by anonymous Israeli officials that the Israel Air Force had carried out a strike against Syria on Friday targeting a shipment of advanced missiles bound for Hezbollah.
The New York Times quoted U.S. officials saying the strike targeted Iranian Fateh-110 missiles headed for Hezbollah.
Syrian Information Minister Omran Zoabi was quoted by state-run media saying the Israeli air strikes “opens the door to all possibilities.”
Lebanese media quoted Seyed Hassan Firouzabadi, the chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces, as saying: “Resistance forces will respond to the Israeli aggression.”
- not only are the lying fascist turds conducting rogue airstrikes in syria, they are also repeating the mantra “game-changer” to create the impression they hang on slave obama’s every word (niqnaq.wordpress.com)
- Israel Conducts Airstrike On Syria (albanytribune.com)
- Israel points finger at Iran over drone… (telegraph.co.uk)
- Iranian suspected of planning terror attack on Israeli embassy arrested in Nepal (en.trend.az)
- Iran and Hezbollah ‘have built 50000-strong force to help Syrian regime’ – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)
- Iranians guilty of Kenya bomb plot (telegraph.co.uk)